Founded in 1980, The Association of Chartered Accountants in the United States (“ACAUS”) is a nonprofit professional and educational organization dedicated to representing the interests of over 8,000 Chartered Accountants and Chartered Professional Accountants from our funding Home Institutes who reside in the United States.
Our mission is to facilitate the professional success of our members, promote the business community’s recognition of, and respect for, these professionals. Since our founding in 1980, we have worked to achieve this by focusing on achieving increased:
- awareness and understanding of the Chartered Accountant qualification by the business community
- value to members and institutes by being a vibrant organization
- participation by our eligible members in chapter activities and other offerings
- bench strength (emerging leaders) to sustain the association over time with active volunteers
- advocate for mutual recognition of our institute qualifications and building relationships with other U.S.-based organizations. As of February 2020, all our foundational institutes bar one have MRAs in place with AICPA/NASBA. The remaining institute – ICAEW – is in active discussion to achieve similar.