ACAUS connects its members through in-person and online networking events, provides guidance on matters of reciprocity, is building out its e-learning capability and shares resources on important professional topics and career development.
With over 18 Chapters across the USA, members grow their professional network, and connect with others who have shared ex-pat experiences.
Benefits of Membership and Associateship
- Regular, in person, professional, educational and social networking functions
- Access to members and associates; professional discussions on LinkedIn, across all 16 professional bodies/ institutes
- Access to job postings and recruiters
- Information on matters of reciprocity.
Becoming a Member of ACAUS
If you are a member of a Member Organization who resides in the USA, you can become an ACAUS Member simply by registering below. As a member, you are eligible to participate in all ACAUS’s activities including voting and the right to stand for office.
Member Organizations are member institutes of Chartered Accountants Worldwide that provide funding support to ACAUS based on the number of their members residing in the USA. The current Member Organization are:
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
Becoming an Associate
You can become an Associate if you are a member of an Approved Professional Body of Accountants who resides in the USA, agrees to pay annual dues and registers below. Dues are set at $0 for the remainder of 2020 and are set at $50 effective January 1, 2021. Associates can participate in most of ACAUS’s activities, but do not have the right to vote or stand for office.
Approved Professional Bodies of Accountants are institutes that are members of Chartered Accountants Worldwide and former “Home Institutes” of ACAUS that do not provide per head funding support for ACAUS at the level provided by Member Organizations. The current Approved Professional Bodies of Accountants are:
- Chartered Institute of Accountants in Malawi (ICAM)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Institute of Indonesia Chartered Accountants (IAI)
- Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Zimbabwe (ICAZ)
- Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
Membership / Associateship Request Form
In order to be added to our membership database and to gain access to member only events and resources, please fill out the request form below.
ACAUS Member Organizations
Chartered Accountants who reside in the United States and are members in good standing of the following Institutes, collectively the “Home Institutes”, are eligible for full membership in ACAUS. For 2020 we have invited CPA Canada members living in the US, to continue their involvement as members of ACAUS. There is no cost to join ACAUS for members of our funding institutes.
ACAUS works closely with Chartered Accountants Worldwide to support its combined members who are Chartered Accountants working in the US.